Remember my problem in my upstairs hall? After taking down all of the family photos because we are selling our house, I didn't have anything to put on the shelves. So that's what I've been working on.
I went in the attic and found a couple of frames that I purchased a long time ago. I bought a couple like the one on the left at Walmart on sale- I think they were $2.00 several years ago.
I went to my paint shelf in the garage and had some green spray paint and painted the frame.
I also had some Rust-oleum chalkboard paint from way back when. I had to stir it up really good.
Mr F cut a piece of backing to replace the glass in the frame. We had the backing leftover from another project. I painted it with 2 coats of chalkboard paint.
And this is how it turned out. I have to give credit for the inspiration to Amanda over at The Hand Me Down House. I also printed an R for the small frame.
My total cost for these two frames was zero, zip, nada.
I have a few more things I am working on for the shelves, but I will tell you about them later.