Well, while Mr. Fanatic was finishing up tiling our upstairs bath, I started on another project. Look what I made!!! Yes, even though I have been sewing & making things for years, I still surprise myself every time something I make comes out good.
We purchased this lamp several months ago at Target for my youngest daughter's room, before we had really nailed down what she wanted her room to look like. You can click here to see. After deciding the look, this lamp really didn't fit in, but I thought I could make it look a little better if I covered the shade with some burlap.
Here's the lamp before:
My daughter wasn't sold on my idea of covering the shade with light burlap, so I made it a slipcover, instead of attaching it permanently to the shade. All I did was hot glue the end around it.
Then I sewed the edges.
Not very happy with the way the edge came out because the green edge of the lamp shows at the top
Hmmmmm, what to do ...
I went through the
This is the lamp with the light off..........................................This is with the light on.So pretty.
Two burns from the hot glue gun later .... I love it! I hope she does too!!!
Hope you all had a terrific weekend!
Thanks for stopping by,Pam